1. Reeeeally busy...particularly studying (a) the emergence and mutations of Christian thought, ca. 30 EV to date, and (b) the doctrine and history of the Catholic Church, both in general and in its 1940s-1960's manifestation(s); all this for Consciousness Cycle volume four, In The Nightmare Village, due out Spring 2006 (I hope I hope). The book is attributed to Hod (on the Tree of Life), and amazes me by refusing to have nearly as much to do with science as it wants to do with Christianity. (Cf. AC's experience at Cefalu, invoking Mercury and ending up writing The Fish.)
2. It rained again. Like much of the population of West L.A., I found that a few days of rain was more than enough to muck up the Verizon phone lines, and to us dialup-impaired, that meant no 'Net for a few days, and intermittent for a few more. (I sound calm about this now, don't I? Time heals all wounds.)
3. Got sick -- very briefly (knock wood), but just long enough to mess up both travel plans, and a chance to meet a visiting friend.
4. And finally, there's the time of year -- but you knew that. :)
Am hoping to post soon about an interesting theme I've noticed, comparing the gospels, the writings of church fathers (& the very occasional mother) and doctors, and what passes for Christianity in much of the U.S. today. Not to spoil my reveal, but the bottom line is: if the Jesus of the gospels* were here today (as the Max Von Sydow character said in that Woody Allen film), "he would never stop throwing up."
(Oh -- and, yes, senryu did write the haiku that makes up her first post...along with scads of other unpublished material, including some killer AC limericks and even a rap song about isomeme called "Lodge Master C," back in the day. I am fighting a losing battle with myself against posting a lengthy, worshipful appreciation of the woman, whom I adore to the point of mania...as I have for the past eighteen and a half years. Good thing we're married, hunh?)
93 93/93 -- AJ
* Note the careful phrasing, meant to preclude arguments here about the "historical Jesus." Peace to all beings. ;)